Lyme disease is a serious issue that is caused by ticks, and it is known to affect many canines across the globe. Over the years, many dogs have succumbed to this fatal disease. Due to this, Lyme Disease Prevention Month came into existence. Ever since, the entire month of May is observed as Lyme Disease Prevention Month. Pet parents all over, especially the ones who have little or no knowledge about this special month-long observation, should read further.
Observing Lyme Disease Prevention Month
To observe Lyme Disease Prevention Month, one must follow these essential points that have been listed below.
1. Tick Preventative Schedule
Since Lyme disease are caused by ticks, it is obvious to get your pal started on a tick preventative schedule, irrespective of whether he has ticks or not. There are many tick preventatives available in pet stores. Some of them include:
All of the above products and many others can be purchased at extensively low rates only on BudgetPetWorld. Besides, the first three provide protection for one month whereas Seresto provides protection for as long as 8 months. Although, before you select any of the treatments, make sure you take the advice of your local vet.
2. Spread Lyme Disease Awareness
Once you’ve got the supplies for your buddy, it is essential for you to spread the word. This can be done in a couple of ways. Number one, you can spread Lyme Disease awareness via social media. This is the ideal way to reach a huge chunk of people. Secondly, you can spread the word across verbally. There are many elderly people with dogs who don’t really know how to operate social media accounts. Thus, spreading the word in your neighborhood is a great way of reaching many elderly people with pets.
Other Things To Take Note Of
Apart from the above, there are few more things to keep in mind. They have been jotted down below one by one.
- Gain knowledge about peak tick seasons in your area so that you can limit your buddy’s outside time to prevent ticks from getting to him.
- While checking your canine for ticks, ensure you wear light-colored clothing because it helps in spotting the ticks much better.
- Keep your yard clean by mowing the grass and removing all the dirt. An untidy yard increases the chances of ticks roaming around in your yard area.
- Do not allow your dog to mix with other dogs during peak tick seasons as ticks can transmit from an infected dog to a hale and hearty one. So be aware of your surroundings.
Follow all of the above-mentioned pointers and not only keep your dog away from ticks and diseases like Lyme disease, but also help other dog parents out there. Stay safe, stay happy!
You will also love to read our previous article on
How to Prevent Lyme Disease in Susceptible Areas?