Fleas are one of the most common parasites that can be found in dogs. These pesky critters can cause constant discomforts (like itching, scratching, etc) and needs to be adhered to as soon as possible. One such flea treatment product known as Activyl Spot-on is a potent and effective solution for getting rid of fleas. Before we jump into the reasons why one must opt for Activyl Spot-on, it is essential to first know what this flea formula is all about.
What Is Activyl Spot-on for Dogs?
Activyl Spot-on, which comes from the house of Merck, is a one-of-a-kind monthly flea treatment solution for dogs. It works by following a specific method called bioactivation where the active ingredient named indoxacarb is completely activated by utilizing the flea’s enzymes. Another ingredient, which goes by the name isopropyl alcohol, can also be found in Activyl.
How to Apply Activyl Spot-on on Dogs?
Applying Activyl Spot-on correctly on your pet is essential and since it is an easy to use solution, you shouldn’t be having much difficulty. Below are the simple steps to apply Activyl Spot-on on your furry buddy.
- Firstly, break open one foil pouch and remove the applicator.
- Then grasp the applicator in an upright position pointing away from your face.
- Snap the tip open by first bending it and then folding it backwards.
- Now part the fur so that the skin can be vividly visible.
- Carefully place the tip of the applicator on the skin between the shoulder blades.
- Squeeze the contents directly on the skin and wait for it to dry.
- Once done, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Why opt For Activyl Spot-on?
There are a number of reasons why you must opt for Activyl Spot-on flea treatment solution. The reasons are listed below.
- First things first, Activyl Spot-on is an extremely easy to use solution.
- Secondly, it starts working as soon as it is applied and kills almost all fleas within 12 hours.
- Thirdly, not only is it a fast acting formula, it is a quick drying one too. This helps prevent your pal from licking the solution.
- It destroys adult fleas that spread itchy bites (flea allergy dermatitis) and diseases like tapeworms.
- It breaks the flea life cycle by killing flea eggs and larvae and in the process prevents re-infestation.
- Lastly, Activyl follows a unique bioactivation method wherein it becomes active only when inside of a flea, which helps in delivering complete flea killing power.
As you can see, Activyl Spot-on is a potent as well as an effective flea treatment solution. Thus, if spot-on flea treatment is your preference, Activyl is one choice you can give a look in. Not only is Activyl a highly rated flea solution for dogs, but it is also a widely used product.