Seeing your feline companions suffer from those blood-sucking fleas and ticks isn’t a good experience for any cat lover. You may wonder how these tiny little parasites can outweigh all the care you’ve been providing to guard your loved companion.
There are enough flea and tick products to help you with your feline’s flea and tick protection. Bravecto Spot On for cats is one such product that offers complete protection against fleas and ticks.
This blog provides all the information you need about this product. Read through to know more:
What is Bravecto for Cats?
BRAVECTO is a topical solution for cats that offers long-lasting protection against external parasites. This is the first treatment to offer protection against the Asian long-horned ticks and completely kills all fleas within 8 hours of application.
Bravecto provides 12 weeks of protection, reducing the stress of treating your cat every month. Bravecto is recommended for use in 6 months and older kittens and cats, weighing 2.6 lbs or more.
How does Bravecto for Cats work?
Bravecto contains fluralaner as the active ingredient. A single dose of Bravecto for cats guarantees protection against fleas and ticks.
After applying it, the solution quickly reaches tissue fluids under your cat’s skin. When fleas and ticks feed on your cat’s blood, they ingest fluralaner and die. Bravecto Spot for Cats kills fleas, treats and controls all existing tick infestations within 48 hours, and prevents flea infestations and for 12 weeks.
What are the uses of Bravecto for Cats?
Bravecto topical solution for cats is useful in treating flea and ticks infestation. This treatment systematically treats and controls ticks and prevents flea infestation.
Bravecto for Cats – Benefits
Following are the benefits using Bravecto Spot-On to your furry friend:
- Easy and convenient to use
- Quick action formula
- Lasts 3 times longer than other monthly treatments
- Provides protection for up to 12 weeks (3 months)
- Treats and prevents flea infestations
- Treats and controls black-legged tick and American dog tick infestations
- Twist’n’use applicator makes it easy to use and does not spill.
- Available in three different sizes as per cat’s weight
Important things to know about Bravecto for Cats
- A field study conducted in the U.S. has shown no serious adverse reactions after using Bravecto on cats. A few common side effects were reported infrequently and the effects subside in a short time.
- Bravecto for cats is not recommended for use in cats less than 6 months of age. Bravecto protects against American dog ticks for 8 weeks and against black-legged ticks for 12 weeks.
- The safety of it has not been established in breeding, pregnant and lactating cats.
- Cats having a history of seizures or any other neurological disorders should only be treated with it after consulting a vet.
There are three different of packs Bravecto depending on cat’s weight. Administer according to the dosage given in the table below:
A veterinarian can accurately recommend pet parents the exact dose for cats weighing more than 27.5 lb. Please carefully follow the instructions given to avoid overdosing on your cat.
We have done the homework for you, now you can spend more time with your beloved cats having fun. Don’t worry if you are a new cat parent or already nursing an adult cat, together we can keep our cats healthier for a long time.
Apply BRAVECTO for cats once, and keep your cat protected for 12 weeks!